Mon, 22 Feb|
GMCC Partner Event: FREETHS - Brexit Brunch Week (Various Dates throughout Feb)
In this Brexit Brunch week our experts take a look at the real life implications for UK business, talk about what we have seen in the marketplace, and take a look forward at what is yet to come.
Time & Location
22 Feb 2021, 10:30 – 01 Mar 2021, 11:30
About the event
Monday 22nd February 10:30am – 11:30am Register your place here
Brexit Brunch week starts with a high level overview – giving you oversight of all the key impacts which may be felt by your business – including:
- Goods/supply chain and FX risk
- Contracts, risk and avoiding disputes
- People – talent mobility
- Data protection and transfer
- Intellectual property – protecting value
Come and hear our panel of experts give a whistle-stop tour through the key Brexit impact points affecting every UK business. You may then decide to subscribe to a subsequent in-depth webinar, or all of them, to learn more on each topic.
Speakers Simon King – Chair, Director of Business Development Simon Barker, Partner, Head of Intellectual Property Lindsey Clegg, Partner, Dispute Management Luke Dixon, Partner, Head of Data Protection Emma Brooksbank, Partner, Immigration Iain Bowler, Partner, Head of CommercialData Protection under Brexit
Date: Tuesday 23rd February Time: 10:30am – 11:30am Register your place here
Every business relies on data, but what does this mean under Brexit? What is the impact on data transfers to and from the EEA? Join data expert, Luke Dixon, as he discusses:
- Data transfers to and from the EEA: Where are we now, and what happens next?
- Appointing an EU Representative – Do you need to? How should you do it?
- Selecting a Lead EU Supervisory Authority – Do you need to? How should you do it?
- And not forgetting: Changes to Privacy Notices and DPO appointments.
Speakers Luke Dixon, Partner, Head of Data ProtectionDe-risking your supply chain and FX risk
Date: Wednesday 24th February Time: 10:30am – 11:30am Register your place here
The impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic has brought supply chain resilience to the top of the worry list for many people.
During the session our panel of experts will cover:
- What has been the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on supply chain resilience;
- A review of the economic events and market trends of 2020 and provide an outlook for 2021
- Analysing post Brexit trade opportunities;
- How you can minimise risk when trading internationally?
- How to create a resilient supply chain and robust risk management strategy
- Minimising FX risk to ensure stability & growth through the year ahead
Speakers Simon King – Chair, Director of Business Development Iain Bowler, Partner, Head of Commercial Chris Weeks, Senior Corporate Hedging Manager, Western Union Business Solutions Mark Williams, Senior Channel Partnerships Manager, Western Union Business Solutions Nicola Cooper, Managing Associate, CommercialContracts, contract disputes and arbitration under Brexit
Date: Thursday 25th February Time: 10:30am – 11:30am Register your place here
The legal landscape has changed under Brexit. How can you ensure your contracts are fit for purpose now? And has the law changed on resolving disputes? Hear our experts discuss:
- What elements of Brexit are likely to impact your contracts? How cross-border trade has changed, how product regulation is affected, and the uncertainty as to what UK law will look like in the future
- How can you deal with Brexit in contracts? Contractual mechanisms for allocating risk and responsibility, and for dealing with uncertainty
- Practical management of contracts: how to manage business relationships and avoid disputes arising in the first place
- The Brexit challenges in cross-European litigation: jurisdiction and enforcement.
- What is arbitration and why is it a good idea, particularly in the light of Brexit?
Speakers Lindsey Clegg, Partner, Dispute Management Jessica Brickley, Knowledge Management Lawyer, CommercialGlobal mobility – securing your workforce after Brexit
Date: Friday 26th February Time: 10:30am – 11:30am Register your place here
Freeths immigration team are second-to-none, having advised many major UK plcs, universities and other institutions on securing talent, and having liaised with the Home Office on post-Brexit regulation. Join our immigration experts as they discuss:
- Employment of European nationals – supporting current employees and considering future recruitment
- Right to work checks post-transition and beyond
- 2021 Immigration System
- Frontier working
- Business travel to the EU from the UK and to the UK from the EU
Speakers Emma Brooksbank, Partner, ImmigrationIntellectual property and Brexit
Date: Monday 1st March Time: 10:30am – 11:30am Register your place here
IP is often overlooked but it is often a business’s key value and needs effective protection. On our last in the series of Brexit brunch webinars, our experts will discuss:
- Trade marks – protecting your brand
- Design rights – protecting your packaging, get up or design as well as the shape and look of your products
- Copyright – protecting written, musical or artistic works and software, and using content on social media
- Drafting IP contracts post-Brexit
- Exhaustion of IP rights
- Geographical Indications
- Customs: AFAs on imports and exports.
Speakers Simon Barker, Partner, Head of Intellectual Property Iona Silverman, Partner, Intellectual Property
If you have any questions regarding these webinars, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.