Accredited BCC Training: Import Procedures (Virtual classroom)
Time & Location
About the Event
Please note due to Covid-19 this session will now be delivered virtually. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
The course will cover a combination of documents and procedures and explain the content and the benefits of being aware of this information.
As with all aspects of business, being efficient and profitable is a very important factor to most. This course is suitable for companies new to importing and established companies who need to update their current procedures.
Key learning objectives and outcomes:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of import documentation and procedures.
- Understand what is an import?
- What should be considered before importing?
- Understand the content of an import purchase order and instructions to the supplier.
- What documentation is required to ensure import customs clearance?
- Understand what determines how much duty and VAT is payable?
- What information you should check on import documentation.
- Be able to identify customs regimes and import controls.
- Be aware of duty and VAT suspension regimes which benefit the importer.
- Understand that the import of certain goods is controlled and where to go for sources of information and assistance.
Training notes will be provided.
This course is accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce and delegates will receive one credit towards the Foundation Award in International Trade. You will need to achieve 6 credits to be awarded with the Foundation Award, a nationally recognised qualification.
For more details on any of the above please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO IS THIS SUITABLE FOR?
Whether you are new to importing or an experienced importer, there are always areas where you can improve your knowledge and subsequently your import procedures. This course gives attendees important knowledge of the key elements of import procedures. The course is ideal for people working in purchasing, import administration, finance, shipping administration or customer services.
In case you are no longer able to attend this training course, please note you must cancel your place at least 5 working days before the course. The cancellation must be in writing and sent to email@example.com indicating the name of the course you are cancelling for and delegate(s) details. If a booking is not cancelled and the delegate does not attend, full event costs will still apply.
Please note: There may be photographs taken at our events that will be used for marketing purposes and on our social media channels. If you do not wish to appear in any of our marketing materials or on our social media channels, please inform a member of the Chamber team at the start of the event.
Registration deadline: 15/01/2021
NON MEMBERS £195.00 Excluding VAT
MEMBERS £155.00 Excluding VAT