DIT's Export Academy Sessions (Ongoing throughout 2021)
Time & Location
About the Event
The Export Academy, from the Department for International Trade (DIT), gives small and micro-businesses the know-how to sell to customers around the world with confidence.
What is the Export Academy?
The Export Academy is a free programme of support for SMEs across the North West. It’s a comprehensive step-by-step programme ideal for anyone:
• New to exporting
• Exporting already but needing to upskill staff
• Exporting already but wanting to refresh knowledge, or fill gaps
The programme is made up of a series of ten core interactive, educational sessions with exclusive content based on feedback from our delegates and designed specifically to help small and micro businesses understand everything they need to know in order to sell internationally.
The main sessions will focus on:
1. Understanding benefits & barriers to export
2. Steps to export
3. International market research
4. Pricing strategy and route to market
5. Customs, export controls, and trade deals
6. Selling services overseas
7. International commercial (INCO) terms
8. Creating an Export Action Plan
9. Customs, VAT, and rules of origin
10. Movement of money
There will be additional master classes led by industry experts focusing on topics such as social media, SEO and eCommerce. Delegates will also have the opportunity to hear from DIT Export Champions on their exporting experiences, and advice for success.
For more information and register for free, click here