Useful Resources from HMRC to support trader’s transition to CDS
Updated: Sep 6, 2022
HMRC has recently published a series of resources to help traders with the move from CHIEF to CDS.
For importers this is particularly relevant as the countdown for CHIEF will no longer accept import entries from 1st October 2022, whilst exporters will have more time with CHIEF closing down after the 1st March 2023.
It is important traders make plans to start the move sooner rather than later as with any new system, there could be some hiccups.
VAT registered businesses may have already been using Customs Declaration Service for VAT purposes. Before any business takes action, check if you are or not already registered and make sure HMRC has the right contact details for your business, so they can receive regular updates.
Check the Resources
· Trader’s Checklist – moving to CDS
· Declarant checklist – moving to CDS
· CDS Movement Reference Number Guide
Need expert support?
· Contact our Customs team for any customs clearance needs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 393 4314.
· Need your staff to understand the changes? Book them now in our upcoming CDS Training Course taking place on the 14th September. We still have some places available.